As a software manager you will: coach and mentor a team of infrastructure software engineers. Recruit, interview, and hire a growing team of back-end, front-end, data engineering/ ML Ops, and full stack software engineers. Lead development of an automated deep learning model training application. Lead a team to enable unspecialized scientists to develop deep learning models on their data. Have team responsibility for implementation and bring-up of neural network classifier in hardware, a GPU hardware implementation. This position will require ~50% individual coding contributions initially.
You'll work in an interdisciplinary team composed of data scientists, bioinformaticians, biologists and software engineers to help solve hard problems which improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology.
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent
- 7 years' software development experience
- 3 years' experience in management of teams
- 3+ years' experience running medium to large/complex projects with multiple internal / external dependencies
- Good project management skills
- Master's in computer science or equivalent
- 10 years' software development experience
- Ideally 3 years' experience in personnel management of teams
- Familiarity with our tech stack (Python, Typescript, React, GCP, PostgreSQL, BigQuery)
- Experience with ML or Deep Learning
- Familiarity with cloud and big data